Nata l’8 gennaio del 1989, nel 2014 ha conseguito la laurea in Medicina e Chirurgia e nel 2019 la Specializzazione in Psichiatria presso l’Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, con una tesi sperimentale nel campo dei disturbi dell’alimentazione. Ha ottenuto il Master di Alta Formazione in Clinica dei Disturbi Alimentari e trascorso periodi di formazione in ambito internazionale, in particolare presso il Maudsley Hospital di Londra. È autrice di pubblicazioni su riviste internazionali e attualmente lavora come medico psichiatra presso ASST Nord Milano. Da novembre 2020 è iscritta al corso di dottorato in Neuroscienze, in collaborazione tra Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca e University of Surrey (UK).
Progetto di ricerca
Caring and Assessing Mental health of student Populations at Unimib and uniSurrey: the CAMPUS study
Curriculum: Neuroscienza Internazonali
Tutor: Prof. Giuseppe Carrà; Prof. Cath Taylor
In the last decade, there has been a growing attention on investigating mental illness, subclinical distress, and low levels of well-being among students in higher education. Serious mental illness has risen significantly among university students in terms of both severity and incidence over the past fifteen years. The purposes of this study are: to assess and compare mental health among students from the University of Milano-Bicocca (UNIMIB) and the University of Surrey (UniSurrey), also and specifically during the COVID-19 pandemic, and to explore associated factors using a survey design. Moreover, the study aims to identify the main areas of interest for the design and evaluation of future preventive digital interventions.
We will start with an extensive literature review to explore the existing evidence regarding university students’ mental health and the evidence-based interventions to improve their psychological well-being. Then, qualitative in-depth interviews will be conducted to examine student’s mental health issues and any unmet needs and inform the design of a survey. The survey will use a longitudinal design comprising three waves. A baseline survey will collect data approximately between October-November 2021. Two further waves will be carried out in April-May 2022 and October-November 2022. Finally, we will identify the areas of greatest interest and the main critical issues about students’ psychological wellbeing for the design and evaluation of future preventive digital interventions.
The target group for the interviews will be a sample of students from UNIMIB and UniSurrey (n=around 20 up to a maximum of 60). We will create an Advisory Committee of student representatives to ensure proper communication with students. The survey’s participants will be students from the first and second year enrolled in equivalent degree programmes at UNIMIB and UniSurrey.
- Bartoli F, Crocamo C, Dakanalis A, Riboldi I, Miotto A, Brosio E, Clerici M, Carrà G. Association between total serum cholesterol and suicide attempts in subjects with major depressive disorder: Exploring the role of clinical and biochemical confounding factors. Clin Biochem. 2017;50(6):274-8.
- Bartoli F, Riboldi I, Crocamo C, Di Brita C, Clerici M, Carrà G. Ketamine as a rapid-acting agent for suicidal ideation: A meta-analysis. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2017;77:232-236.
- Bartoli F, Clerici M, Di Brita C, Riboldi I, Crocamo C, Carrà G. Effect of clinical response to active drugs and placebo on antipsychotics and mood stabilizers relative efficacy for bipolar depression and mania: A meta-regression analysis. J Psychopharmacol. 2018;32(4):416-422.
- Carrà G, Bartoli F, Riboldi I, Trotta G, Crocamo C. Poverty matters: Cannabis use among people with serious mental illness: Findings from the United States survey on drug use and health, 2015. Int J Soc Psychiatry. 2018;64(7):656-659.
- Bartoli F, Crocamo C, Bava M, Castagna G, Di Brita C, Riboldi I, Trotta G, Verrengia E, Clerici M, Carrà G. Testing the association of serum uric acid levels with behavioral and clinical characteristics in subjects with major affective disorders: A cross-sectional study. Psychiatry Res. 2018;269:118-123.
- Imperatori C, Massullo C, Carbone GA, Farina B, Colmegna F, Riboldi I, Giacomo ED, Clerici M, Dakanalis A. Electroencephalographic (EEG) alterations in young women with high subclinical eating pathology levels: a quantitative EEG study. Eat Weight Disord. 2020;25(6):1631-1642.
- Bartoli F, Cavaleri D, Moretti F, Bachi B, Calabrese A, Callovini T, Cioni RM, Riboldi I, Nacinovich R, Crocamo C, Carrà G. Pre-Discharge Predictors of 1-Year Rehospitalization in Adolescents and Young Adults with Severe Mental Disorders: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Medicina (Kaunas). 2020;56(11):613.
- Pinzón-Espinosa J, Valdés-Florido MJ, Riboldi I, Baysak E, Vieta E; EFPT Psychiatry Across Borders Working Group. The COVID-19 Pandemic and Mental Health of Refugees, Asylum Seekers, and Migrants. J Affect Disord. 2020;280(Pt A):407-408.
- Bartoli F, Riboldi I, Bachi B, Calabrese A, Moretti F, Crocamo C, Carrà G. Efficacy of Cannabidiol for Δ-9- Tetrahydrocannabinol-Induced Psychotic Symptoms, Schizophrenia, and Cannabis Use Disorders: A Narrative Review. Journal of Clinical Medicine. 2021; 10(6):1303.
- Pini E, Riboldi I, Cova F, Clerici M. Risk assessment and prevention of self-harm, hetero-aggressiveness and suicide in prison: reports from a Department of Mental Health. Rivista Sperimentale di Freniatria. 2015;3:147- 161.
- Foresti GB, Pini E, Riboldi I. Professional training and institutions: Learning to take care of nursing institutions. Rivista Sperimentale di Freniatria. 2020;3:105-122.
- Riboldi I, Bartoli F, Bava M, Capuzzi E, Castagna G, Di Brita C, Trotta G, Verrengia E, Clerici M. Predictors of treatment with long-acting injectable antipsychotics among inpatients with schizophrenia-spectrum disorders: an exploratory study. European Psychiatry. 2018;48S:401.
- Frankova I, Scheeres K, Uzer-Kremers L, Menculini G, Pischiutta L, Riboldi I. Taking care across borders: preliminary results from a European Survey about Psychiatry Trainees and Refugee Mental Health. European Psychiatry. 2019;56S:436.
- Santambrogio J, Bava M, Biagi E, Caslini M, Colmegna F, Gamba G, La Tegola D, Parma F, Riboldi I, Trotta G, Zappa LE, Clerici M. Intimate Partner Violence (Ipv) And Associated Factors: A Cross-Sectional Survey In Community Psychiatry. European Psychiatry. 2018;48S:377.
- Focus on eating disorders: the common thread between early adolescence and adulthood. 7th Young Psychiatrists Network Meeting “The Gray Zone: the transition from Child to Adult Psychiatry”. Catania, 6th-7th December 2018.
- Forcibly displaced people in Italy: an overview about pathways to mental healthcare. 27th EFPT Forum, Prague 10-14 July 2019.
- Forcibly displaced people in Italy: an overview about pathways to mental healthcare. 23rd Congress of the World Association of Social Psychiatry, Bucharest 25-28 October 2019.
- Novel treatments in the field of eating disorders. Digital interventions and eating disorders: state of the art. Faculty of Eating Disorders Psychiatry Annual Conference, 5-6 November 2020.
- Webinar Series on Eating Disorders. Cliniche Italiane di Psicoterapia, Milano Navigli, April-June 2021.
- ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8188-800X
- Scopus Author: 57192720067
- ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ilaria_Riboldi
- MSc Eating Disorders. Spazio Iris, Milan.
- Course in Evidence Synthesis-Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis. University of Porto, Portugal.
- Advanced Course in Forensic Psychopathology and Psychology. Department of Legal Medicine, University of Milan.
- 2021: Early Career Psychiatrists (ECP) Task Force on Professional Development.
- 2019: Co-chair of the ‘Psychiatry Across Borders’ (PAB) working group, European Federation of Psychiatric Trainees (EFPT).
- 2019-2020: EFPT Newsletter Manager, European Federation of Psychiatric Trainees (EFPT).
- 2019: Exchange Program in Maudsley Training Programme.
- 2018-2020: National delegate for the EFPT Forum.
- 2018: Exchange Program in NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde CAP Programme.
- 2015: Resident (Trainee) in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Mental Health, Manuel de Jesus Rivera Hospital of Managua, Department of Medicine and Surgery. Nicaragua.
- 2015: Resident (Trainee) in General Adult Psychiatry, Department of Mental Health, Bertha Calderon Hospital of Managua, Department of Medicine and Surgery. Nicaragua.
- 2009: Volunteer at Gornja Bistra Children’s Chronic Illness Hospital. Gornja Bistra, Croatia.